High Performance Computing MCQ Questions and Answers UNIT – 3 What is High performance computing ? HPC – High Performance Computing is the use of parallel processing for running advanced application programs efficiently, reliably and quickly. The term applies especially to systems that function above a teraflop or 1012 floating-point operations per second. The term HPC is occasionally used as a synonym for supercomputing, although technically a supercomputer is a system that performs at or near the currently highest operational rate for computers. Some supercomputers work at more than a petaflop or 1015 floating-point operations per second.
High performance computing mcq sppu
High performance computing multiple choice questions UNIT -3
- The primary and essential mechanism to support the sparse matrices is
Answer: Gather-scatter operations
- In the gather operation, a single node collects a ———
Unique message from each node
Unique message from only one node
Different message from each node
None of Above
Answer: Unique message from each node
- In the scatter operation, a single node sends a ————
Unique message of size m to every other node
Different message of size m to every other node
Different message of different size m to every other node
All of Above
Answer: Unique message of size m to every other node
- Is All to all Bradcasting is same as All to all personalized communication?
- Is scatter operation is same as Broadcast?
- All-to-all personalized communication is also known as
Answer: Total Exchange
- By which way, scatter operation is different than broadcast
Number of nodes
None of above
Answer: Message size
- The gather operation is exactly the _ of the scatter operation
- The gather operation is exactly the inverse of the_
Answer: Scatter operation
hpc mcq questions
- The dual of one-to-all broadcast is all-to-one reduction. True or False?
- A binary tree in which processors are (logically) at the leaves and internal nodes are routing nodes.
- Group communication operations are built using point-to-point messaging primitives
- Communicating a message of size m over an uncongested network takes time ts + tmw
- Parallel programs: Which speedup could be achieved according to Amdahl´s law for infinite number of processors if 5% of a program is sequential and the remaining part is ideally parallel?
None of above
- Shift register that performs a circular shift is called
- 8 bit information can be stored in
Answer: 8 Registers
- The result of prefix expression * / b + – d a c d, where a = 3, b = 6, c = 1, d = 5 is
- The height of a binary tree is the maximum number of edges in any root to leaf path. The maximum number of nodes in a binary tree of height h is?
2h – 1
2h – 1 – 1
2h + 1 – 1
2 * (h+1)
Answer: 2h + 1 – 1
- A hypercube has_
Answer: 2^d nodes
Parallel computing mcq with answers
- The Prefix Sum Operation can be implemented using the_
All-to-all broadcast kernel
All-to-one broadcast kernel
One-to-all broadcast Kernel
Answer: All-to-all broadcast kernel
21.In the scatter operation_
Single node send a unique message of size m to every other node
Single node send a same message of size m to every other node
Single node send a unique message of size m to next node
None of Above
Answer: Single node send a unique message of size m to every other node
- In All-to-All Personalized Communication Each node has a distinct message of size m for every other node
- A binary tree in which processors are (logically) at the leaves and internal nodes are
- In All-to-All Broadcast each processor is thesource as well as destination.
Data analytics mcqs with answers for SPPU
If you found this post useful, don’t forget to share this with your friends, and if you have any query feel free to comment it in the comment section.
Thank you 🙂 Keep Learning !