High Performance Computing MCQ Questions and Answers UNIT – 4 What is High performance computing ? HPC – High Performance Computing is the use of parallel processing for running advanced application programs efficiently, reliably and quickly. The term applies especially to systems that function above a teraflop or 1012 floating-point operations per second. The term HPC is occasionally used as a synonym for supercomputing, although technically a supercomputer is a system that performs at or near the currently highest operational rate for computers. Some supercomputers work at more than a petaflop or 1015 floating-point operations per second.
High Performance Computing MCQ UNIT – 4
high performance computing mcq questions and answers
- mathematically efficiency is
- Cost of a parallel system is sometimes referred to____ of product
- Scaling Characteristics of Parallel Programs Ts is
- Speedup tends to saturate and efficiency _ as a consequence of Amdahl’s law.
- Speedup obtained when the problem size is __ linearly with the number of processing elements.
depend on problem size
- The n × n matrix is partitioned among n processors, with each processor storing complete _ _ of the matrix.
depend on processor
- cost-optimal parallel systems have an efficiency of _
- The n × n matrix is partitioned among n2 processors such that each processor owns a _ element
- how many basic communication operations are used in matrix vector multiplication
- In DNS algorithm of matrix multiplication it used
Answer: 3d partition
high performance computing mcq sppu
- In the Pipelined Execution, steps contain
- the cost of the parallel algorithm is higher than the sequential run time by a factor of __
- The load imbalance problem in Parallel Gaussian Elimination: can be alleviated by using a __
- A parallel algorithm is evaluated by its runtime in function of
the input size,
the number of processors,
the communication parameters.
- For a problem consisting of W units of work, p__W processors can be used optimally
- C(W)__Θ(W) for optimality (necessary condition).
- many interactions in oractical parallel programs occur in __ pattern
Answer :well defined
- efficient implementation of basic communication operation can improve
- efficient use of basic communication operations can reduce
Answer: development effort
high performance computing mcq questions
- Group communication operations are built using _ Messenging primitives.
- one processor has a piece of data and it need to send to everyone is
all of above
Answer: one -to-all
- wimpleat way to send p-1 messages from source to the other p-1 processors
- In a eight node ring, node __ is source of broadcast
- The processors compute __ product of the vector element and the local matrix
- one to all broadcast use
Answer: recursive doubling
- In a broadcast and reduction on a balanced binary tree reduction is done in __
Answer: recursive order
- if “X” is the message to broadcast it initially resides at the source node
- logical operators used in algorithm are
- Generalization of broadcast in Which each processor is
Source as well as destination
Answer: Source as well as destination
- The algorithm terminates in _ steps
- Each node first sends to one of its neighbours the data it need to….
- The second communication phase is a columnwise __ broadcast of consolidated
- All nodes collects _ message corresponding to √p nodes to their respectively
- It is not possible to port __ for higher dimensional network
- If we port algorithm to higher dimemsional network it would cause
- In the scatter operation __ node send message to every other node
- The gather Operation is exactly the inverse of _
Answer: scatter operation
- Similar communication pattern to all-to-all broadcast except in the_____
Answer: reverse order
Data analytics mcqs with answers for SPPU
If you found this post useful, don’t forget to share this with your friends, and if you have any query feel free to comment it in the comment section.
Thank you 🙂 Keep Learning !